Friday, December 19, 2014

Great imitators


Life is crazy around here. I honestly had no idea how busy two two year olds and a four year old would keep me. They are so full of life, laughter, outbursts, tantrums, kisses, and fits. My remarkable little humans have entered a new stage of life. Imitation. I've always heard that imitation is the highest form of flattery. I believe that to be mostly true. With my eldest, he is keenly aware of my every move and emotion. When he is acting out, it takes a tremendous amount of pregnancy patience to look at myself and see what I'm doing to make him behave this way. Nine times out of ten, he needs me to be present in his world. The twins are another story. In fact, lately, they've learned to embrace the stereotypes of being two. I'm talking full fledged, ginormous two year old temper tantrums. This is new for me. When Joey was two, I used to wonder why people called it the terrible twos. He did not fit the criteria until more recently. Luca worships his older brother. Every little thing Joey does, Luca is not two steps behind. My favorite is watching Joey do something helpful and seeing Luca imitate his good behavior. Rightfully so, the contrary is more often the case. Matteo on the other hand, is the smallest of the group. His outbursts are, generally speaking, the result of him feeling picked on by his bigger/stronger brothers. They love to snag whatever he's playing with and take it for themselves. Matteo has long learned to defend himself with his nibbles. Well, less of a nibble, and more like a vampire bite. Nonetheless, our daily lives are filled with wrestling, falling, playing, jumping, breaking, screaming, giggling, and everything in between. Although some days are easier than others, I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

"Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate."-Anonymous

 




























No comments:

Post a Comment