Thursday, January 16, 2014

Reunited and it feels so good!

    

A new friend recently asked me what makes my best friend my best friend? I love questions that make me think deeply about the answer. I have been blessed to have many great friends my entire life. I have never felt lonely or isolated. But one day, the stars aligned, and I was blessed to meet my very best friend. I think she is my best friend because we have similar cultural backgrounds that make us loyal by nature. When I met her, there was an immediate connection. She asks meaningful questions and genuinely wants to hear the answer. She is an incredible listener. She is always true to herself. She knows when there is something wrong, even if I don't want to admit it. She never tells me something nice just because she thinks it's what I want to hear. She is real, she cannot lie. She cares about my well being, my family, my marriage, and my happiness. She sees things in me, that I didn't even know I had. She makes it a point to always make me feel loved. She has never made me feel bad for making mistakes. Though we are not blood relatives, my best friend is much more than a friend... She is my sister.

What makes your best friend your best friend?

I am so glad that we were able to see each other last weekend in NYC.



Surprise...









I thought for sure she had figured out that I was going to surprise her in NYC. Truth is... she had no idea! I loved her reaction. She was genuinely surprised!


If you're ever in NYC, you must eat at La Mela off of Mulberry Street in Little Italy. 












S'mores on a rainy day... why not?!








The cannoli at Caffe Roma were worth every penny!


 Times Square is just magical. 




 Would've loved to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center..maybe next time!




We looked for Jimmy Fallon. He didn't get the message that we were in town I guess...


 Our husbands are the best!








Until next time Cynthia...

No comments:

Post a Comment