Friday, January 10, 2014

What defines me?





I, like most people, prefer instagram over facebook these days. But with this frigid weather, we're all twiddling our thumbs around here. I went on facebook to check things out and stumbled upon this video of Lizzie Velasquez.


Lizzie is an inspiration to me. She got me thinking... what defines me? I was surprised when the answer didn't come to me suddenly, but actually took some effort to figure out. 

What defines me...

1) My Faith. With God, I have the strength to combat the trials I face. Without him, I am nothing. 

2) My Family. I am reminded each day of my husbands devotion and dedication to me and our children. He gets up early and goes to bed late in order to fulfill all of his obligations. I could not ask for a better life partner. My three sons have taught me to find joy in the simple things. Joseph is literally my very best friend. He no longer takes naps, so he is with me every single day and all day from the time I wake up until he goes to bed. He even follows me to the bathroom. He's pretty awesome! Luca is a comedian. Even though he's only 1 year old, he is full of compassion and love. Matteo is all smiles. He is also 1 year old, but yet communicates with his favorite older brother Joey every day. These two love to wrestle and laugh all day long. I'm the luckiest mom there ever was. 

3) My Heritage. Being Italian defines me because it is in my veins. The food, the people, the language, the lifestyle is everything I wish to emulate. Italy is the reason why I am who I am. I owe my life to my heritage. 

4) My Future. The days, months, and years ahead are filled with possibilities and opportunities. 



No comments:

Post a Comment