Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Coming this February...


We are delighted to welcome another little boy into our family. I've been carrying around this news for what seems like forever. It was becoming increasingly more difficult to hide my 22 week growing belly so we decided it was time to share our joy with our family and friends. Coming out with something that is so sacred to us, really feels unsafe. My bishop was preaching from the pulpit and it felt like he was talking straight to me. He said he knew that there were people in the congregation who were suffering in silence with deep pain and sorrow. He challenged all of us to reach out and share our experiences with others. He promised that by confiding in others it would help people going through similar struggles. Isn't that what we were commanded to do?

Mosiah 18:9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—

It isn't ever easy to put myself out there and be vulnerable. I tried to explain it to my mom once. It makes me feel defenseless, unprotected, exposed, and naked. I hold all of my struggles tightly knit into a locked box. I feel obliged to say that we, like so many others, have suffered pregnancy loss, and are fearful it would or will happen again. This pregnancy has been just as uncertain as some of the past. Today I choose to let go of the fear and uncertainty and embrace the now. We are expecting a precious little boy in a few short months and that makes me happy.

 








3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I know that feeling of privacy and sacredness. Thank you for sharing so we can all rejoice with you and pray for you. TVB, sorella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena! I'm so happy for you. I would have never guessed you were pregnant when I saw you at women's meeting. Your pix are adorable. Congrats! With love. Julie F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! Congratulations!! I went to a training recently on that very thing- vulnerability. You inspire me to embrace this part of life as we cease suffering in silence. Love and hugs to you and your cute family!!!!

    ReplyDelete