Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Georgetown Cupcakes & Cactus Cantina



It has been an amazing 10 days with my Zia in town from Florence. I couldn't let her go home without trying traditional delicious American food. I was elated to introduce her to some of the greatest gifts America has to offer...cupcakes and Mexican food! She had never tried either. My Zia thought that waiting in line for 45 minutes for a cupcake was ridiculous, until she tried one. Georgetown Cupcake is a piece of heaven on earth. She did not stop talking about her vanilla cupcake all day long. What a treat! Then we decided we'd pick up Paul from school for dinner and eat at Cactus Cantina. My Zia was super hesitant about eating Mexican food. While looking over the menu she kept saying, "E' troppo picante?!!" She was overjoyed when she tasted chips and salsa for the first time. Her fears of it being too spicy melted away. Even though she couldn't stop talking about how much food was on her plate, that didn't stop her from eating the whole platter of cheese enchiladas, beans and rice. Watching my Zia try new things was a neat experience. This is making me hungry again! What is it about food that makes me so happy? 

































late night snack...yes please!




1 comment:

  1. What is it about food that makes us ALL so happy?! Nice work having your Zia roll with cheese enchilada's, those are always the safest way to ease into Mexican food for newbie's. Italy-opoly...no way! How cool!

    ReplyDelete