Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The White House



My favorite aunt from Italy has come to stay with us for 10 days!! I have been waiting a long time for this day to come. Zia Chantal brings joy into the life of everyone she meets. I LOVE speaking Italian 24/7. Even Paul and Joey are starting to pick it up. My aunt has made only one request while she's here. "Vorrei vedere la casa bianca!" Va bene! So, the first place we went was the White House. We knew President Obama was in the Oval Office, because the marine guard in white gloves was standing outside the door. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Zia's face light up when she saw it for the first time. For her, it symbolizes freedom in a way I could never understand. I love her sense of patriotism for a country she is not even a citizen, but feels such adoration toward. Throughout her 60 something years, she has seen the world change, but what has remained fervently steadfast is her faith in America. Viva l'america!








Can you see the marine guard?

Future President







 National Treasury. That's not a statue of Nicholas Cage.



Korean War Memorial





Vietnam Memorial

Abe

















1 comment:

  1. I love the way you speak of your Zia. She seems so have so much passion for life. I can tell she has so much love to give, especially to you and your sweet family. I'm really so happy that she traveled so far to come visit you, you must have been on such a high having her visit for those 10 days.

    ReplyDelete